CYCLONE GAJA: 45 PEOPLE DEAD, 2,50,000 EVACUATED
Gaja made its landfall with wind speeds of 120 km per hour, leaving behind a huge trail of destruction in the districts of Nagapattinam, Thanjavur, Tiruvarur, Pudukottai in Tamil Nadu and Karaikal in the Union territory of Puducherry..
THE EFFECTS OF THE STORM
- The cyclone mainly affected the Tamil Nadu’s Cauvery delta districts and Karaikal in Puducherry
- People below poverty line are hugely affected with the cyclone effect, with all their belongings were highly damaged including their shelters.
- People who had built their homes in hut or sheets have been collapsed. Communication has also become a problem since in many villages mobile networks are also disconnected.
- Total lack of power supply, food, water and clothes
- 1000s of trees have been uprooted and lying on the roads
- The crops have been highly damaged and the farmers are in deep agony
- Everyone was in total distress as they were deprived of the basic
- During this, many got affected from viral fever due to contamination of water.
- Hospitals are lacking with doctors, since the doctors are not able to reach the hospitals due the road blocks.People are finding difficult to get proper treatment
- Pregnant women and younger children are facing several problems due to unclean environmental conditions.
- At many places, due to stormy winds the transmission lines got cut and this created current shock to anyone who stepped into it.
- TIRUVARUR 500 KITS
- NAGAPATTINAM 400 KITS
- TANJORE 2000 KITS (Adhirampattinam)
- PUDUKOTTAI 300 KITS
TOTAL REQUIREMENT 3200 KITS
|TOTAL ESTIMATION Rs.2500 PER KIT|
|6||TOOR DHAL||500 GMS|
|7||MOONG DHAL||500 GMS|
|9||CHILLY POWDER||50 GMS|
|10||CORIANDER POWDER||50 GMS|
|12||TURMERIC POWDER||50 GMS|
|13||URAD DHAL||500 GMS|
|23||TEA POWDER||100 GMS|
|25||GRAM FLOUR||250 GMS|
|30||SANITARY NAPKIN||1 PACK|
|31||MILK POWDER||200 GMS|
|32||CANDLE BIG||1 PACK|
|33||MOSQUITO COIL||1 BOX|
|34||MATCH BOX||5 PIECES|
|35||BASIC MEDICINES||1 PACK|