“Many remain hungry even after dusk, fill those hungry stomach and give them the joy of breaking the fast.”
Need: 50 Small Villages
- The customary rice gruel(Nombu kanji) with dates which is part of the Iftar meal to break the day’s fast is the need of many mohalla residents who live in rural areas of a town.
- On an average, it costs Rs.50,000 or Rs.2000/day for a small village to serve Nombu kanji for the entire month of Ramadan.
BENEFITS OF SPONSORING FOR IFTAR
- A serving of the steaming kanji with dates is surely scrumptious while breaking the fast.
- Muslims and other community people gather at various mosques to have a sip of the kanji in the evenings and no one is denied. The kanji(rice gruel) is for everyone.
- It paves way for everlasting communal hormony and camaraderie among all sections of the society.
- The Kanji enables a humble sharing as it facilitates people to donate and also enjoy the end product.
- Sponsoring the ingredients of nombu kanji will set the chulha(cauldron) burning.