United Welfare Organisation (UNWO) is a non-profit charitable organization which has presence in more than 12 districts of Tamil Nadu and works at at grass root levels. UNWO has a dedicated team of professionals, philanthropists, spiritual leaders and volunteers who dedicate their time, wealth and energy for the development of the society at large, aiming at nation building.
Every individual should be taken care of by the entire society and
Every individual should contribute to the society to the best of his abilities.
We at UNWO commit ourselves:
- To serve the needs of all communities.
- To alleviate all human sufferings and to support every individual to become more self-reliant.
- To focus on improving morality, good health, economic prosperity and educational growth of communities in and around Tamil Nadu.
With our field presence and experience of more than a decade in various districts of Tamil Nadu, we understand the sufferings of the people more precisely. UNWO is working closely with them with an aim to help the needy and the distressed people. Their sufferings are in plenty of which few predominant ones are given below:
- Orphans and widows
- Destitute, especially the elderly ones
- Addiction to alcohol and drugs
- Poor awareness on health and treatment facilities
- Poor educational achievements
- Cases of school dropouts
- Loans at exorbitant rates of interest
- Poor family relations and subsequent divorces
- Women remaining unmarried due to dowry
- Dwellings without proper facilities, toilet etc
- Divided families and subsequent loss to the children of such families.
Unfortunately, the list of social evils does not end here.
- Training and Placement
- Social Welfare
Our ultimate aim is:
- To cater the needs of all communities within Tamil Nadu.
- To guide people who are in need of any kind of help
- To build better relationship between Muslims and Non-Muslims.
- To support the poor in the field of health, education and employment.
- Teaching and training poor men and women on various trades to help them get employed and become self reliant
- Creating more opportunities for women to learn various life coping skills, other vocational skills and also develop them spiritually through Niswans, also with the use of video/audio CDs, lectures and publishing useful books
- To enlighten Muslim community with Islamic knowledge
- To open and operate niswans where ever necessary.
- To open and operate makthabs where ever necessary and support or revamp the existing makthabs.
- To remove the misunderstandings among various groups of the community, by providing counseling, proper education, by making them to work together and by sharing the common benefits and in turn aiming at nation building.
- To create a data bank of potential jobs for placement of trained people.
- To facilitate government scholarships and to guide for private scholarships
- To encourage student adoption
- To provide guidance to establish schools and other institutions
- To start free tuition centers where ever necessary
- To network with organizations to execute CSR projects on their behalf and fulfill their employee needs through our database of unemployed.
- To launch websites and update information from time to time on various needs, projects, new letters etc.,
- To create a network so that a donor can directly help a needy through proper channel
- To support the implementation of social development projects launched by the government
- To appeal for donation from local and overseas philanthropists with appropriate clearances from the government.